CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

My Grandmother



Over Memorial Day weekend, we traveled to Palm Springs to celebrate and pay tribute to my Grandmother, Lois Winchester. She passed away earlier that month and had been battling with Alzheimers for many years now. She was such a bright spirit and I have so many fond memories of her and the many times spent with her. It has been very difficult for many members of our family to watch her "slip" away slowly, into a different person. I had the opportunity to see her a few years ago, and even then I am not sure she knew who I was anymore. But she still had a smile on her face, and that brightness still showed through. She was an extraodinary women in her time, and I am so lucky to be her granddaughter. I hope I can shine as bright as she once did to so many.
Many family and friends all gathered for a BBQ and service. We had lots of fun seeing everyone, seeing how big our cousins were, and visiting with old friends. It's amazing how big families become, and they start off with just two people! I know she would have loved to be right there in the middle of it all, laughing like old times. We will miss you grandma!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Finder Family said...

Very sweet, Tracy! I love the picture collections and the tribute to your grandmother. I'm so happy that you have such beautiful memories.